Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Calendar Time

      I think I have finally finished our calendar board.  Here is the finished board that is hanging in our "school" room.


     From Left side to Right side: Monthly calendar located under the monthly calendar we will be doing yesterday was, today is, and tomorrow will be with the orange cards in the pockets also we will be putting the weather card on the pocket for each day for a week.  On the right hand side, we have our weather bear and under him is our season.


     For now we will be using just one type of shape for the calendar numbers.  The plan is to introduce patterns at a later date by adding additional shapes and colors thus making the patterns (AB, AAB, ABB, AABB, ABC, etc).


     Here is a closer look at my pockets I made out of paper.  The pockets match up with the calendar days too.  I like the idea but wished I would have made the pockets taller so I could have put the names of the days of week under the cards that say yesterday was, today is, and tomorrow will be.  I might change it if it bothers me enough.  I like the weather cards on the pocket.


     Our weather bear!  We will be changing his clothes and adding different weather pieces as the weather changes.  Its been really hot here so we haven't had to change his clothes yet.  I still need to make some more clothes but I am ready for rain:)


     Season card.  I made this out of foam board and scrapbooking stickers.  I will make the other seasons the same way.  I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.  As time goes on I will add another foam board to show what the trees do for each season but for now it looks good.



No comments:

Post a Comment