Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Toy Tuesday

I know this is a day late but Tuesdays are a very busy day in our house hold.  Sugar Bear (DD) has Dance and usually Gymnastics but not this week.  This week I focused on what every household has that has kids...PlayDoh.  I have tubs and tubs of PlayDoh and Sugar Bear loves to play with it but here is my problem Little Man is only 15 months old and he puts it in his mouth.  Like every mom you worry is it safe for him to do that?  Even if the package says non-toxic you still worry so I went online looking for homemade playdoh.  I have tried some recipes before but was not really impressed with them until I found this recipe.  It was easy to make and took about 15 minutes to make.

Here is the recipe:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 tbsp cream of tarter
1 tbsp oil (cooking oil like olive oil)
1 cup water

Mix the dry ingredients together then add and mix in the wet ingredients.
Using a medium size pot place the mixture on the stove over medium-low heat.
Stir the mixture every once in a while to help form it into a ball.
You know it is done when the mixture no longer looks wet.  It will look like playdough.
Remove from pot and knead the playdough on the counter until it is all smooth.
Add the food coloring once the playdough is COOL.

This recipe makes me feel better if Little Man puts it in his mouth because I know all the ingredients are edible and safe.


Here is the finished product!!!


I divided the playdough into three different balls to go along with our 4th of July monthly theme.  I just added red and blue food coloring to make the red and blue colored playdough.


Sugar Bear loved mixing the three colors together.


Eagle

Star

No comments:

Post a Comment